Saturday 23 February 2013

Time of Procrastination

My truly old bad habit.
I procrastinate almost everything but sleeping. Or gaming.
It can be 5 minutes, an hour, two days, a month, or even a year.
I believe that I actually was born perfectionist as I am not easily satisfied with what I'm doing, I always ask myself to do more. But then I grew up with this bad habit that makes my work is quite far from "perfect". Let alone to be perfect, most of the times I finished my work because it must be finished at the time being. It then leaves me stranded with guilty feeling and regrets.

Many plans were not executed.
Many ideas were poorly manifested.
Many notions were barely realized.
Many dreams were not achieved.

Many things were just listed in the calendar.
Many things were just landed in those post-it.
Many things were just stuck in my brain.

Until I start counting. If I procrastinate "only" 10 minutes for "just"3 activities, it'll cost me half an hour per day, multiplied to be 15 HOURS per month, and 180 HOURS per year!

How many great things in my life were skipped? 

To start breaking the habit is also a new problem. And of several choices, I chose to start from here. I chose to start doing thing as simple as it can be so that my brain won't think that it's hard to do.

From this blog. From now on, I will add a note of "time of procrastination" for each upcoming post just to let myself know how long that post has been buried in my draft box or maybe in my mind. To boldly tell me how long I wasted.

I know that it's just a post. But the more I procrastinate, the less possibility to write down even a short post. So, the number will tell me a lot about the progress.

I guess I'll surprise myself.

taken from here

No comments:

Post a Comment